Classes are suitable for both beginners and more experienced meditators. Anyone can practice meditation and everyone is welcome to attend. Most classes run for an hour and a half. We meditate sitting on chairs to ensure that everyone is comfortable. There is no physical exercise involved.
The general structure of the class
- Simple guided breathing meditation to calm the mind
- Short Buddhist prayer to increase positivity in the mind
- Practical advice for daily life on an aspect of Buddhist meditation – different topic each week
- Another guided meditation and questions & answers
- After the class everyone is welcome to stay for light refreshments.
Attending the class
The classes are organised as short courses, usually 3, 4 or 5 weeks long. You can attend the whole course or simply drop in whenever you can as each class is self-contained.
For info on our current meditation classes please visit the tab at the top of the home page and select your chosen venue: Bexhill or Eastbourne . We look forward to seeing you.